Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there friends in poker?

michman879

Are there friends in poker? Empty Are there friends in poker?

Post by michman879 Sun May 29, 2011 11:10 am

Are there friends in poker?
    I ask this cos I have played on a small poker site for a few years now and I play there cos I know most of the players on there and

as we play we have a chat and a laugh.
    Anyhow tonight I sucked out on a player I have played against for years and he started saying I didnt know how to play poker and

why-join-us

was just the same as most players on this site, this is a player I always say HI to and GL, NH etc.
    I was shocked and was playing just after this and I told the players on the table what had happened and said that I thought that

player "X" who had abused me, was a friend, and a player I know said "is there really any friends in poker?"
    I said to him that of course I want to win money but I dont consider the players I play against as enemies, win or lose I aint

gonna hate them, but this got me thinking is there really friends in poker?
    I like to think yes, I play in tourneys against CC members and win or lose I still consider them friends, I cant hate someone cos

I'v win or lose a hand of poker.
    I dont think a place like CC would exist if there wasnt such a thing as friends in poker, In the CC freerolls or the CC league of

course I always want to win but I aint gonna dislike someone cos they beat me or I beat them.
    I would go so far as to say if you had to "dislike" someone to play poker against them I would pack up playing, poker to me as to

everyone who plays is about winning money , but it is also about enjoying myself and if I enjoy chatting with people and over the

months get to consider them friends am I wrong?

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:50 am